follow me on facebook follow me on twitter Instagram

Family History conference

Saturday, November 14 

I had the wonderful opportunity to speak at a Family History conference in Edmonton, Alberta. A well organized genealogical conference with great people.

I presented two sessions.

Google for Genealogists. 
I have taught this for several years. I show the techniques that help you find what you want, narrowing the search so you don't have to go through so many pages of hits.

The last couple years I have expanded this session to include how to use Google Drive to share files with family members.

Social Media for Genealogists
I covered the following social media platforms. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Blogs, Instagram. Also talked about Flickr.

For each platform I discussed how that platform can help in the following four areas:

  • Research for your family
  • Research Helps & Training
  • Share info with others
  • Meet distant relatives

No comments:

Post a Comment