follow me on facebook follow me on twitter Instagram

Open a Word document

File / Open or CTRL/O

If your file is saved on the computer, click Computer

If you have a file open the top menu on the right at the top lists the Current Directory. 

Under it is a list of directories you have been to recently. These rotate through the list. 

Pinning 
When teaching I have a spreadsheet for their grades. Each time I mark assignments I need to get to that file. I work with lots of other files during the day so when I come in that file maybe way down the list. By pinning this file, it is placed above the list.
A line is placed between the pinned files and the  rest of the list. 

The 2010 version of Office added a wonderful feature called pinning.  
You can also pin subdirectories 

If your file is on SkyDrive (Internet), click on SkyDrive
2013 added the option to save into the SkyDrive (Internet). 



No comments:

Post a Comment